Taking payments online? For a long time people have learned to trust the lock icon in the browser to understand their information is secure. Years ago Google pushed for everyone to use HTTPS due to this security. Of course all Google properties are doing this, but why wouldn’t you want it for yourself?
- There is a first time for everything. The first time we set it up it took us less than a half day. We had extra hurdles configuring it for our specific server as it hosts many staging sites.
- Free. Literally, you can get SSL certificates for free from Let’s encrypt
Now that you’re past the reasons not to get SSL, lets talk about some of the reasons your company would benefit from it.
- Google wants you to be secure, its better for the world.
- Improve your search results, and give peace of mind to visitors.
- Seeing that icon I believe conveys a message that your site is trustworthy, and therefore so is your brand.
So before the year is out, get your site setup for SSL, you won’t regret it.